Inspectorate’s Cynthia Hollingsworth presents paper at the PGM Catalyst Use & Recycling Seminar in Amsterdam
AMSTERDAM - (NOVEMBER 23, 2016) - Inspectorate’s Cynthia Hollingsworth has recently presented a paper on Developing a Commercial Testing Procedure for Spent Auto Catalyst at the PGM Catalyst Use & Recycling Seminar in Amsterdam, Netherlands on Nov 8th 2016.
Cynthia, UK Metals & Minerals Operations Manager, discussed the challenges involved in achieving an accurate, quantitative result of the precious metal content of the sample, detailing the key considerations that may influence the analysis, including:
1. Sample Heterogeneity
2. Matrix & Pollutants
3. Precision between replicates
4. Method Bias
5. Reference Material
6. Error in Application
Cynthia went on to discuss the analytical methods employed by Inspectorate at our state-of-the-art laboratory in Witham, United Kingdom, which has recently completed a major upgrade with significant investments in key equipment to increase our analytical capacity and provide faster sample turnaround times.
In addition to sample analysis, Inspectorate provides customers with:
- Supervision of catalyst unloading.
- Pre shipment sampling and analysis.
- Sealing of drums/containers. Ensure the integrity of the consignment.
- Inspection or audit of Refinery. An independent report of the facilities.
- Supervision of the sampling process.
- Recommendations of appropriate sampling methods.
Please contact us if you would like more information about our procedure for Spent Auto Catalyst testing.