Electrical And Electronics International Approvals Management
Getting your Product to Market On-Time and Cost-Effectively
Everyone needs to sell to survive; increasingly on a global basis and with tougher time and budget constraints. Managing the technical barriers to trade through determining what standards and country requirements apply to a given product, is an arduous task. Achieving on-time compliance in today's complex, competitive and changing environment entails expert knowledge of the differing in-country compliance requirements for electrical equipment, as well as the in-depth knowledge of the legislation which can change for certain products on a daily basis. To maintain competitive advantage, equipment suppliers cannot risk being late to market because of approvals bottlenecks.
What is International Approvals Management?
International Approvals Management is a service whereby the equipment supplier outsources some or all of the homologation process to a dedicated approvals management company. The service outsourced can be as simple a process as performing market research to understand your market entry requirements or as complex as outsourcing the whole process; the development of a rationalized test plan for all your target markets, carrying out the testing and certification as well as the regulatory agency liaison to facilitate approval.
Services typically include:
• Advice on your target markets with clear guidance on regulatory market entry requirements for each and recommendations for compliance.
• Development of rationalized test plan to take into account all your target markets; both those you wish to access immediately and those possible in the future. This approach avoids cost and time delays associated with re-testing
• Provision of a highly skilled team of compliance engineers to your organization on a contract basis to provide guidance and walk your product through the entire compliance process
• Provision of general compliance related advice, including the applicability of standards and product classification
• Design review at the front end of the process to assure a compliant design prior to product revisions or commencing production
• Support of laboratory testing at your chosen test laboratory
• Collation of test data and creation of technical files to assure compliance within your target markets
• In-country regulatory agency liaison to ensure your product(s) is(are) accepted in your target destination(s)
• Follow up to assure that all aspects of compliance and supporting documentation are in place to support product shipments
What are the key benefits?
• Access the most up-to-date market entry requirements from a dedicated compliance management resource
• Help guarantee an on-time or early product release date
• Reduce approval costs through centralizing your whole approvals process
Why Choose Bureau Veritas?
Reputation - For over 100 years, we have worked successfully with leading electrical and electronic product manufacturers, importers, retailers and operators around the world to help them better manage risk and assure regulatory compliance. Bureau Veritas has dedicated teams in America, Asia and Europe who have experienced in placing equipment on in excess of 140 countries worldwide. Our reports have been recognized by many worldwide authorities, saving suppliers cost and time in achieving global certifications.
Worldwide Locations - With dedicated and experienced approvals engineers in every major sourcing area worldwide, we offer you the convenience of global coverage with local service where you need it.
Technical Knowledge & Leadership - Our staff participate in the development of international, industry and regulatory standards worldwide, keeping you and us at the forefront of changes in the various approvals requirements and certification methods. Our International Approval teams around the world study the regulations in target countries and keeps close relationships with worldwide certification organizations.
Personalized Service - At Bureau Veritas, we are committed to meeting your evolving needs and helping you anticipate new market trends. We offer you customized and specialized services to meet your Compliance needs throughout your supply chain. Our patented 24/7 project tracking system also enables you to maintain knowledge of progress with your product’s approval status in your target countries. Providing you with the highest levels of service is a priority for us.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
How many countries have you got experience in?
We have successfully worked with clients placing a variety of radio, telecoms, IT and Household equipment on in excess of 150 countries worldwide.
Where do you offer this service?
We have a shared database of market access requirements which our approvals engineers all over the globe use. We can partner with you to support your market access goals with experts in America, Asia and Eurpoe – see pdf for details.
Send an e-mail