Comprehensive Approach Covers Full Range of Food Products
In today’s global marketplace, product quality and safety are critical to all involved in the food products industry. Whether you are a grocery store chain or a global manufacturer, regulatory compliance and consumer satisfaction are keys to success. Having products meet the required safety, regulatory and government standards, and maintaining overall quality, are two critical factors for those involved with the food industry.
Our knowledgeable professionals can customize a program to meet your specific needs whether it is to identify which product offers the best value, which product your customers prefer, or if the product meets your quality requirements. The implementation of effective product development and quality monitoring programs, plus services such as testing, inspections, and consumer evaluations, can help you improve customer satisfaction, lower costs, reduce customer complaints, and increase competitiveness.
In-depth Knowledge and Experience
To meet the diverse requirements of food goods, you need a service provider that is experienced in evaluating food products. You also need to work with a provider who can identify regulatory requirements and performance criteria. As the world’s leading concept-to-consumer quality assurance company, Bureau Veritas offers all of this. With specialized services such as consultation and testing services, we can assist you in obtaining improved product quality, better branding, a reduction in noncompliance, product recalls and customer complaints. What are the key benefits?
• Verify compliance with regulations and industry standards
• Reduce the risk of recalls, returns and complaints
• Enhance risk management and brand protection
• Maximize your planning efforts and better control your QA spend
Comprehensive Capabilities and Services
A comprehensive range of specialized services enables our experienced staff to tailor programs for specific client needs in a wide variety of product categories including raw food, prepared food and pet food.
Available services/testing programs include, but are not limited to:
Professional and Experienced Staff
• Comparison to national brands, competitor products or vendor specifications
• Product evaluations to monitor product quality during vendor selection process
• Microbiological Testing
: Pathogen Screens/ Preservative Challenges/ Bacterial Identification Testing for organisms such as E.coli 0157:H7, Salmonella, Listeria species, Bacillus cereus, Clostridium, Shigella, Lactic Acid bacteria, Yeasts and Molds, etc., and rapid kits for Aflatoxin
• Quantitative analysis of bacterial and fungal plate count
• Compliance to food labeling requirements
• Nutritional, chemical and proximate analysis
• Packaging and transit performance of wrappers and containers
• Sample procurement service to collect products from store shelves for testing
• Consumer panel evaluations, take-home panels, discrimination/comparison tests, and sensory evaluations
• Annual testing programs available to assist the quality and consistency of product lines
Our technical staff includes experienced chemists and microbiologists knowledgeable in specific areas such as comparative product evaluations, sensory panels, food chemistry,quality assurance, research and development, manufacturing and other food related disciplines. Our staff keeps current on industry developments via memberships in a number of associations, including:
• Institute of Food Technologists (IFT)
• American Oil Chemists Society (AOCS)
• American Society of Quality (ASQ)
• ASTM International
• Canadian Health Food Association
• Private Label Manufacturers Association (PLMA)
• Hong Kong Food Trades Association, Ltd.
• Association of Official Analytical Chemists (AOAC)
Why Choose Bureau Veritas?
For 30+ years, we have worked successfully with top retailers around the world to help them be compliant and manage risk, protecting the environment and their brand.
With locations close to sourcing areas in over 40 countries, we offer you the convenience of global coverage with local service.
Technical Knowledge & Leadership
Our staff is knowledgeable in a wide range of food related disciplines to provide you with the necessary experience
to create customized programs and services.
At Bureau Veritas, we are committed to meet your needs and provide you with the highest levels of service.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
What types of products can you test?
Bureau Veritas can provide services for an extensive range of food products including, but not limited to:
• Baby formula and food
• Pet food
• Canned foods
• Frozen food
• Nutritional drinks
• Snack foods
• Dairy products
• Soft drinks
• Meat, poultry, fish and seafood