China continues to experience rapid consumer consumption growth with many estimates putting the China apparel retail market at over $100 billion USD in 2013. As such, many retailers and brands are gearing up for rapid China growth and expansion.
Critical factors to success in this market include understanding the local distribution network, the buying habits of the Chinese consumer, and regulatory requirements which can differ significantly from US and European requirements. Chinese standards apply to both domestic and imported products sold in the China and the Chinese government continues to randomly select products from shelves to perform testing to check for compliance, highlighting the need to meet regulatory requirements.
At Bureau Veritas, we are a proactive supply chain partner ready to assist companies entering or selling in the China market with a full solutions approach. We recognize that companies need more than a simple testing solution to be successful in this market. That’s why we offer comprehensive services including:
• A dedicated technical team to provide support access in China
• Technical training on strategies to enter the China market
• Professional consultation to overcome challenges
• Intervention and inquiry services on your behalf with key government agencies including Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureaus (CIQ) and China Certification & Inspection (Group) Co., Ltd (CCIC)
• Technical training for factories on visual inspections services based on GB standards
• Education for vendors and manufacturers throughout the supply chain
• A flexible three-tier testing approach that allows you to select the appropriate level of training based on your risk and brand strategy.