Everyone needs to sell to survive; increasingly on a global basis and with tougher time and budget constraints. Managing the technical barriers to trade through determining what standards and country requirements apply to a given product, is an arduous task. Achieving on-time compliance in today's complex, competitive and changing environment entails expert knowledge of the differing in-country compliance requirements for equipment, as well as the in-depth knowledge of the legislation which can change for certain products on a daily basis. To maintain competitive advantage, equipment suppliers cannot risk being late to market because of approvals bottlenecks.
International Approvals Management is a service whereby some or all of the homologation process is outsourced to a dedicated approvals management company such as Bureau Veritas. The service outsourced can be as simple a process as performing market research to understand your market entry requirements or as complex as outsourcing the whole process; the development of a rationalized test plan for all your target markets, carrying out the testing and certification as well as the regulatory agency liaison to facilitate approval.
Services typically include:
• Regulatory market access advice and compliance guidance
• Development of rationalized test plan
• In-sourcing of highly skilled team of compliance engineers to your organization on a contract basis
• Design review
• Laboratory testing management
• Collation of test data and creation / assessment of technical files
• In-country regulatory agency liaison
• Project management