April 2018, Littleton, MA: Curtis-Straus LLC, A Bureau Veritas Company, is pleased to announce the opening of a new photometric laboratory in their state-of-the-art facility in Littleton, Massachusetts. This new lab expands Curtis-Straus’ capabilities to provide photometric measurement services for Luminaires, Lamps, and LED Lamps.
Photometric testing is the science of measuring visible light output of a lamp, luminaire and light sources. It quantifies and characterizes its total light output, luminous intensity distribution, color coordinates, color quality, rated life and efficacy to meet strict energy efficiency criteria.
With a knowledgeable staff, Curtis-Straus can help lighting manufactures around the world meet the energy efficiency requirements for the global market.
The new photometric lab can now testing the following products:
• Luminaires: Fluorescent (Directional)
• Luminaires: Solid State (Directional)
• Luminaires: Fluorescent (Non-Directional)
• Luminaires: Solid State (Non-Directional)
• Luminaires: Fluorescent Lamps
• Luminaires: Fluorescent Ballasts
• Lamps: Compact Fluorescent (Directional)
• Lamps: Solid State LED Lamps (Directional)
• Lamps: Compact Fluorescent (Omnidirectional and Decorative)
• Lamps: Solid State LED Lamps (Omnidirectional and Decorative)
• LED package, module or array (IES LM-80-2008)
Curtis-Straus is A2LA and ENERGY STAR accredited. Photometric testing is required for products to be listed and certified under the ENERGY STAR Lamps or Luminaires program by the US Department of Energy. An ENERGY STAR listed product means that the product uses less energy and more energy efficient using strict energy efficiency criteria set by the US Environmental Protection Agency or the US DOE.
Additionally, Curtis-Straus is a LED Lighting Facts approved laboratory, with DLC (Design Lights Consortium) testing capabilities. Most utility companies in North America require commercial lighting fixtures be DLC listed in order to qualify for rebates.
For more information, please contact Leslie Chung at firstname.lastname@example.org.