08h00 - 16h30
Print Bulletin PDF
On May 20, 2016, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) unveiled the new Nutrition Facts label format. Some of the new design aspects of the Nutrition Facts table include:
• Increased type size for the “Serving Size” and “Calories”
• Addition of a statement to show how much sugar was added to the food product with Percent Daily Value
• Updated the daily values for Sodium, Dietary Fiber, and Vitamin D
• Removal of “Calories from Fat”
• Updated % Daily Value (DV) footnote
• New serving size requirements to more accurately reflect the amount of food people eat
Click to view FDA website:http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceRegulation/GuidanceDocumentsRegulatoryInformation/LabelingNutrition/ucm385663.htm?source=govdelivery&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery
How Bureau Veritas Can Help
Our knowledgeable professionals can design a program to meet your specific needs - whether it be to demonstrate quality and safety control, identify which product offers the best value, which product your customers prefer, or if the product meets your quality requirements.
For over 35 years, Bureau Veritas has worked successfully with top retailers and manufacturers around the world to help them better manage risk and regulatory compliance. If you have any questions, please contact your customer service representative or email: email@example.com.