08h00 - 16h30
08h00 - 16h30
The commerce ministry of India revised the policy conditions for toy imports on 1st September 2017 and said that with immediate effect the inbound shipment of toys is allowed freely when accompanied with certain types of safety certificates.
The India Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) in notification said that "Import of toys shall be permitted freely when accompanied" by certain certificates such as a certificate that the items being imported conform to the standards prescribed by Bureau of Indian Standards.
In addition, a certificate of conformance from the manufacturer that a representative sample of the toys being imported has been tested by an independent laboratory which is accredited by National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL).
A certificate that the toys being imported into India must confirm conformance to the below specified Indian Toy Standards:
1. IS-9873 (Part 1) - Safety of Toys: Part 1 Safety aspects related to mechanical and physical properties (Third Revision)
2. IS-9873 (Part 2) - Safety of Toys: Part 2 Flammability (Third Revision)
3. IS-9873 (Part 3) - Safety of Toys: Part 3 Migration of certain elements (Second Revision)
4. IS-9873 (Part 4) - Safety of Toys: Part 4 Swings, slides and similar activities toys for indoor and outdoor family domestic use
5. IS-9873 (Part 7) - Safety of Toys: Part 7 Requirements and test methods for finger paints
6. IS-9873 (Part 9) - Safety of Toys: Part 9 Certain phthalates esters in toys and children’s products
7. IS-15644 - Safety of Electric Toys
The Bureau Veritas Noida toy testing laboratory is Accredited by NABL and BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards) to perform the tests as per IS 9873.
Additional Information: (Gazette of India, in Indian)
For More Information Please Contact:
Bureau Veritas Consumer Products Services (I) Pvt. Ltd. # C-19, Sector-7 Noida-201301
Phone: +91 120 4368100/270