Welcome to June issue of Bureau Veritas' Global E.A.W. eNewsletter for the Electrical &
Electronics, Automotive and Wireless/Smartworld industry.
In this issue, we are delighted to give an update on cybersecurity regulations and
Bureau Veritas’ Product Cybersecurity Test Solution. Our Cybersecurity Test assesses
a product’s resilience against all known vulnerabilities; providing the end-user and
wireless device buyers and manufacturers with confidence that due diligence has been
carried out. Furthermore, our Milpitas lab located in Silicon Valley, USA has expanded its
scope and can now offer two new services - EMC testing for South Africa approvals,
and the wireless power charging (Qi) certification testing for the Wireless
Click the relevant hyperlink below to discover the full stories online.
• adoption of connected devices continues to grow - 50 billion
• continued rise in frequency and targets of cyber-attacks
• various Cybersecurity regulations and guidelines continue to be
• Bureau Veritas Product Cybersecurity Test Solution is applicable
to products integrating Bluetooth®, Wi-Fi®, Zigbee, the key
wireless technologies impacting smart automation and consumer
• the Wireless Power Consortium has authorized BV’s Milpitas lab in Silicon Valley, USA for Certification testing
• Qi is an open interface standard that defines wireless power
transfer using inductive charging via resonant inductive coupling
• our South Korea lab has offered wireless power charging
certification testing since the inception of the WPC Certification
• these products can now be tested at our labs in Korea and USA
• SABS is required for a product with an electrical component
• our Milpitas lab has been recognized by the SABS
(South African Bureau of Standards) for EMC testing, as part of the SABS A-Lab Program
• the new capability adds to the wide breadth of our EMC services
offered in our Silicon Valley lab, achieving faster turnaround
for South Africa approvals
We also provide the complete version of this eNewsletter including regulatory news and upcoming events.
Enjoy reading the E.A.W. eNewsletter and stay connected with us.
Consumer Products Services
Send an e-mail