08h00 - 16h30
08h00 - 16h30
Download PDF of Bulletin
On 5 March 2014, the European Commission adopted Regulation (EU) n° 518/2014 amending energy labelling Regulations with regard to labelling of energy-related products on the internet.
It will enter into force on 6 June 2014 and shall start applying from 1 January 2015 for most of the amended Regulations.
Regulation 518/2014 amends the following energy labelling regulations:
• Regulation 1059/2010 for household dishwashers,
• Regulation 1060/2010 for household refrigerating appliances,
• Regulation 1061/2010 for household washing machines,
• Regulation 1062/2010 for televisions,
• Regulation 626/2011 for air conditioners,
• Regulation 392/2012 for household tumble driers,
• Regulation 874/2012 for lamps and luminaires,
• Regulation 665/2013 for vacuum cleaners,
• Regulation 811/2013 for space heaters, combination heaters, packages of space heater, temperature control and solar device and packages of combination heater, temperature control and solar device,
• Regulation 812/2013 for water heaters, hot water storage tanks and packages of water heater and solar device.
The main objective of Regulation 518/2014 is to better inform end-users on the energy efficiency of products sold by internet, one of the means of distant selling.
Today, the ability of end-users to make better informed decisions about their purchases is affected in the case of distance selling because they are neither guided by the colour scale of the label, nor are they informed as to which energy labelling class is the best for the product group or provided with the additional information which is contained in the fiche.
From the date defined by the amended regulation, suppliers shall, for each new model of an energy-related product placed on the market (with a new model identifier), provide dealers with an electronic version of the label and the fiche, when the latter is required by the amended regulation.
The label and the fiche shall then be either directly shown on the displays mechanism or by using a nested display in proximity to the price of the product, as defined in the added annex of each amended regulation.
For more details, please view the full text of Regulation (EU) n° 518/2014 (Published in Official Journal of European Union L 147 of 17 May 2014) at: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=OJ:JOL_2014_147_R_0001&from=FR
If you have any comments and/or questions, please contact your customer service representative or email Valentine Menuet at: email@example.com
Consumer Products Services
Send an e-mail