08h00 - 16h30
08h00 - 16h30
Download PDF of Bulletin
On 11 July 2014 the European Commission adopted Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) No 1254/2014 supplementing Directive 2010/30/EU with regard to energy labelling of Residential Ventilation Units.
It entered into force on 15 December 2014 and will start applying on 1 January 2016.
Regulation (EU) No 1254/2014 establishes requirements for the labelling of and the provision of supplementary product information on Residential Ventilation Units (RVUs).
There are some exclusions which are listed in article 1 of Regulation (EU) No 1254/2014.
Regulation (EU) No 1254/2014 specifies notably:
• Design and content of the label,
• Content of the product fiche and the technical documentation,
• Terms of inclusion of the Energy efficiency class in advertisements and technical promotional material,
• Information to be provided where end-users cannot be expected to see the product displayed (ex. for distance selling).
Regulation (EU) No 1254/2014 also specifies respective responsibilities of suppliers and dealers of RVUs regarding the ways of providing information or documents listed above eg.
• Suppliers shall provide a printed label at least in the packaging of each RVU and shall made available an electronic label to dealers or
• Dealers shall ensure that each RVU, at the point of sale, bears the label provided by the supplier.
There are two types of labels for Residential Ventilation Units. Please see PDF of Bulletin to view the labels for both.
Information to be included on the label
I. Supplier’s name or trade mark,
II. Supplier’s model identifier,
III. Energy Efficiency Class, corresponding to Specific Energy Consumption (SEC),
IV. Sound power level (LWA) in dB,
IX. Maximum flow rate in m3/h with one arrow for UVUs and two arrows for BVUs.
View PDF of Bulletin to see Specific Energy Consumption (SEC) classes (from 1 January 2016) table.
For more details, please view the full text of Regulation No 1254/2014 (Published in OJEU L337 of 25 November 2014) at: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=OJ:JOL_2014_337_R_0003&from=FR
Regulation (EU) n° 1254/2014 works with Regulation (EU) n° 1253/2014 with regard to ecodesign requirements for Ventilation Units.
If you have any comments and/or questions, please contact your customer service representative or email Valentine Menuet at: email@example.com
Consumer Products Services
Send an e-mail